Thursday, August 25, 2011

Luke's Preschool 2010/2011




















What a fun year we had. Luke, Gavin, Raquel & Kami. 4 perfect little 4 year olds. Seriously, I couldn't have hand-picked a better group. They LOVED each other. They had so much fun with each other and they were SUCH GOOD STUDENTS! They were great listeners and just soaked up whatever we were learning. We got through the 3 yr old, 4 yr old and Kindergarten Carden Math books, lots of learning the sounds of letters, starting to read simple words, French, Art Appreciation, music and lots of writing and coloring. I was continually amazed at how eagerly they would come back inside after recess to do more school work. Such great kids. Again, I am so amazed by what a great teacher Mae Carden was. I LOVE her books and workbooks. She really knew how to build a great foundation for learning and to build a love of learning for her students. After preschool ended I was surprised at how well Luke had learned certain concepts and was ready for more. I'm starting him now in the 1st grade Carden math book and he is in heaven. He loves Math (like I do) and colors perfectly (like his daddy!).

I debated doing preschool again this year, but I decided not to because of having a new baby. However, with the big kids back in school, I look forward to having more time during the day for just my little boys. Not sure I could devote several hours in a row to teaching at this point.

Luke really misses his school buddies - they are headed off to Kindergarten this year, while his December birthday keeps him home one more year. However, that hasn't stopped Luke. Daily he brings out his workbooks and begs me to do preschool with him. I seriously can't keep up with all his demands for school, but I'm trying. Porter doesn't allow us TOO much free time during the day, but that is okay.

A few days ago we were bemoaning the fact that summer was over and the kids were starting school tomorrow. Luke piped in and said, "FINALLY I will have some PEACE and quiet!" We just laughed - this coming from the noisiest kid we own! :) Oh, we love our Luke.

6 comments:

Sarah Bailey said...

Sorry about the double post. I wrote this post today and then was looking at Luke's blog and realized I had written (I mean Luke had written) an almost identical post on his blog back in May. Where has my brain gone? Argh

Anonymous said...

Sarah: The video of Porter is precious, so cute. Not sure what to do because it seems so funny, early in the video he actually jumps he is so suprised... So cute, what a sweetie.

Luke seems like such a good learner and when I read the words that your girls are writing, I started to wonder if I am depriving Tucker of a good education... Sheesh! Will you come do preschool here?

Johnny

Anonymous said...

what a jokster..."finally some quiet!"


he is some pig...oops i mean kid


what line is that from, "that's soooome pig"

Luke

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Aug 24th and they are back in school? Cali Cali Cali

Luke again

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm jealous. Wish we could be that organized.

Seth

buffyvandabailey said...

Ummm, your joy school seems like it was so much more joyous that ours. Did I tell you that one of the ROTTEN (er, I mean "spirited") kids in our group got expelled from kindergarten last year?!? Made me feel a lot less guilty about calling it Misery School.

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!