Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mom is Dumb-founded!

Great news! Anna called me from school because she was so excited about the part she got in the play. She got the part of "Cogsworth"? Is that the right spelling? Regardless, she got the part of the clock. There were about 8 parts that they called "the leads" which required a teacher recommendation, plus a lot of memorization. (Obviously, Belle, Gaston, the Beast, Mrs. Potts are the main characters). Anna kept saying over the phone, "I got one of the leads!" She was thrilled to finally have a part that had a lot of lines. She had asked me the day before if she could not do the play if she didn't get a part with more than just a few lines. She would have been happy with 10 lines. I think the most she has ever gotten is 5 lines plus some group stuff. (Later, Anna came home and looked up the script online and counted her lines - 52 lines! She is thrilled.) I asked her what Josh got and she said he got the part of the "organ" - okay, not really sure what part that is, but if he is happy, that is great. One of the mom's at the school told him that was who his part was, but we later found out she was wrong. Eliza is a plate :) Claire is one of the villagers. Super.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJCixomLf8

So I go to pick up the kids and I'm asking Joshua what the "organ" part will be. He didn't know. Then Anna gets in the car next and says, "Joshua! You are not the organ! You are Gaston's sidekick! The really fat, goofy guy!" Joshua's face was hilarious! He was so surprised and his face got a little red and I started laughing out loud because I'm trying to imagine Joshua in that part. He said, "MOm!!! Stop laughing!" but we couldn't. I guess Anna and Josh were goofy enough in the speaking part of the tryouts. Later Joshua said with a cute little smile, "Well....I'm a little more proud to be Le Fou (is that translated "The Fool"?) than to be the organ." Then I hear Claire and Eliza complaining that they got "little parts". Oh boy. "You are 2nd graders!! You are lucky to even be included this year!" Here we go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp9v-PQGxqk&feature=related

Later at home they put in the Beauty and the Beast dvd and were having so much fun laughing at their parts. I guess I do like Beauty and the Beast a little more now :) So much for fretting and worrying. Now we have a whole year ahead of us to learn "My Country Tis of Thee" REALLY well :)

No comments: